BlueHost hosting is a secure and reliable web hosting option for personal or business blogs and websites. Since 2005 it has been considered by its clients as one of the leading website hosting providers. In addition, it has more than 2 million websites that use the platform and take advantage of the administration tools.
BlueHost is a web hosting service founded by Danny Ashworth and Matt Heaton in Utah. It has qualified personnel who work throughout the day to offer the best services to its clients and attend to each query. On the other hand, it is the main hosting service recommended by WordPress.org because it offers the best platform to work with this CMS.
BlueHost Hosting differs from its main competitors because it provides you with secure administration tools that are compatible with the WordPress platform. Also, it focuses on innovation at all levels: customer support, security and reliability, infrastructure, web toolset, etc.
BlueHost offers 5 plans to easily and securely host your website. These are:
- Shared Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
- WordPress hosting
- WordPress Pro
There are millions of online sites that are hosted on this web platform and give credit for many of its advantages. The main features of each of the plans of this web hosting service are described below.
Ideal for those looking for a cheap and basic web hosting service. It is recommended for beginners and small businesses.
The plans have in common characteristics that offer a powerful and perfect platform to host the websites. For example:
- domains. Domain Manager makes it easy to track, transfer, update, and purchase domains in one place.
- Resource protection. BlueHost uses technology to identify websites that are using excessive resources. By doing so, you reassign them temporarily. So you do not have performance problems when accessing your website.
- scalability. If your website needs to grow, with a few clicks you can update the available tools in a personalized way.
- SSL certificates. With this option, hosting ensures the connection between your website and visitors. Thus, confidential data and any electronic transactions are protected.
On the other hand, the advanced plans have additional features that improve the account when using other plugins. For example:
- Multiserver management. Through this advanced function, you add shared, dedicated, or VPS services. You do everything from one place.
- Access control. It is a complement to create unique passwords and avoid inappropriate access to different areas of your account.
- advanced capabilities. Another feature is accessed through Secure Shell, to access log files and customize .htaccess, php.ini files and cron jobs.
- unique IPs. Assign an IP address for each of your websites.
- SiteLock. Ideal for defending the website against cyber attacks, identity theft, malware and more. With this application, you scan databases, malicious protection against bots, etc.
This plan represents an intermediate option for sharing a physical server with others. Basically, it uses its own virtual operating system and uses solid-state hard drive (SSD) storage.
VPS Hosting has some features in common with the Dedicated Hosting plan. For example:
- Free domain name for the first year. With every new account, BlueHost gives you one year of free domain registration.
- Support throughout the year. With this plan you access this technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a year.
- SSL certificate. You get a free SSL certificate for a secure connection to your website.
- root access. You have full root access, for a custom installation with unlimited access.
The VPS Hosting plan offers 3 plans: Standard, Enhanced and Ultimate. Each one has dynamic resources in the created web account. It means that you are assigned a set amount of:
- RAM: 2, 4 or 8 GB depending on the chosen plan.
- CPU cores: between 2 and 4.
- SSD storage: 30, 60 and 120 GB depending on the chosen plan.
- Bandwidth: 1, 2 or 3 TB depending on the selected plan.
- IP address: 1 or 2 according to each plan.
The technical aspects mentioned improving the speed of access to the website, compared to other hosting, something that affects the user experience in a blog. As well as the amount of information and confidential data that you store on the assigned SSD hard drive, bandwidth speed for fast data transfer, and IP addresses to use for each website.
This plan in turn has 3 plans: Standard, Enhanced and Premium. They have common features, such as:
- Extreme speed. Each server is built using the latest open-source technology such as OpenStack. This improves the performance of the server and with it the experience of the users who access to visit the web.
- Fast provisioning. The server is placed in the rack in a time between 24 to 72 hours. This helps to work as soon as possible on the website.
- RAID storage. It’s a way to keep your data very well protected by using high-quality RAID1 storage.
On the other hand, the plans differ from each other because they offer different speeds, storage capacities, RAM resources, bandwidth and IP addresses. For example, you enjoy the following technical aspects of the dedicated server:
- Cores: from 4 cores at 2.4 Ghz to 4 cores at 3.3 Ghz.
- RAID storage: from 500 GB to 1 TB.
- RAM: from 4 GB to 16 GB.
- Bandwidth: from 5 TB to 15 TB.
- IP: from 3 to 5 IP addresses.
The speed of the cores directly affects the performance to access the website. The higher the speed, the better performance. The same goes for RAM and bandwidth. On the other hand, each plan offers a certain storage capacity that depends on the information you want to store.
This plan is divided into three categories: Standard, Plus, and Choice Plus. Each one looks the same as shared hosting plans except for:
- Automatic installation of WordPress. BlueHost automatically installs the most current and secure version of WordPress.
- WordPress staging environment. You test the website from a secure environment. This way you test any changes before they are visible to visitors.
- WordPress Auto Update. BlueHost keeps your WordPress installation up to date on a daily basis.
If you have a WP Pro account, BlueHost allows unlimited installation and customization (if you don’t own WP Pro, you purchase each feature separately). This means you have access to monitoring and administration from a single panel on your blog, improved performance and great features like:
- Marketing Center – This feature allows you to manage SEO traffic easily. It also applies to social media and email. If you use Google Analytics, you easily integrate it into this marketing hub.
- JetPack – You have access to a set of tools designed for WordPress websites (depending on the JetPack package chosen). For example, CDN image, website analytics, PayPal integration, etc.
- Improved Site Speed: WP Pro servers are built with SSD drives, i.e. Solid State Drives, and not traditional hard drives. This advantage offers excellent speeds for fast web hosting.
- Backup with CodeGuard: with this option you do not run the risk of data loss since you get a backup in the cloud, instantly, automatically and with quick configuration. To do this, you only connect with the necessary SFTP/MySQL information. This advantage keeps you safe from possible computer attacks or errors made in the design of your blog.
- Malware detection and removal – For all new hosting accounts, BlueHost adds SiteLock Lite to scan for malware for free. It has options to monitor file changes, scan SQL database, etc.
- Free WordPress themes: includes many templates to customize the website.
As in the previous plans, WordPress Pro has three categories to choose from: Build, Grow and Scale. These differ from each other due to the integration of different plugins and tools such as:
- PayPal Integration
- BlueHost SEO Tools
- JetPack ADS
- Blue Sky Ticket Support
- Jet Pack Pro
- Domain Privacy + Protection
Ecommerce with BlueHost
Setting up an online store with BlueHost hosting is easy. The latter offers you many shopping carts such as Cube, OS Commerce, Zen, among others. Also, transactions are easy to do with SSL security certificates. The latter are encrypted with Open PGP / GPG.
Compared to the competition, BlueHost is an affordable option and offers access to great features for selling online, which makes the web easier to use. It also offers free marketing credits to promote the business on social media or by using Google.
Extra security features
BlueHost’s technical security criteria stand out above the rest. For example, you get triple security against spam with Spam Experts, Spam Hammer, and Apache Spam Assassin. Likewise, you get protection for the inbox.
Extra security features also include blacklisting IP addresses. Configure filters and password-protect directories.
Easy to use
Setting up and managing a website with BlueHost is really easy. You do everything from the cPanel interface.
On the other hand, from a central location, you take care of the websites and email addresses. You also customize the dashboard layout and get access to your favorite features.
BlueHost offers exciting and additional features that are included in each plan. With this you get flexibility and a diversity of functions. The company has a reputation of many years of online business and millions of customers are happy with the services offered. The plans are mostly cheap and scalable and have excellent security features and customer service available throughout the year. Also, the platform is compatible with WordPress and has great tools to manage the website with this CMS.
BlueHost Hosting is an excellent option that has secure and reliable technical characteristics, as well as a solid reputation that helps create custom websites. Access here and learn more!
we recommend this service to host your website with complete confidence. Just click on this BlueHost